Player Code of Ethics
As a Player, I promise to:
- Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all players and coaches with respect.
- Be modest when successful and be gracious in defeat.
- Show respect for authority to the officials of the game and of the league.
- Respect the privilege of the use of public facilities.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after games.
- Help parents and fans understand the league philosophy so they can watch and enjoy the game.
- Respect the game, play fairly and follow
- Show up for practice on time, with proper equipment and ready to play
- Place school commitments and homework as my first priority
- Have FUN!
Parent/Guardian Code of Ethics
As a Parent/Guardian of a Player, I promise to:
- Place the well being of my child before a personal desire to win.
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, fans and officials at games, practices and other sporting events.
- Encourage my child to play by the rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans and officials.
- Advocate a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language, and refrain from their use during youth sporting events.
- Help my child show up to practice and games on time, with proper equipment, and ready to play.
Coach Code of Ethics
As a Coach, I promise to:
- Be responsible for my own behavior and also the behavior of my team members, their parents, and fans.
- Never physically, verbally or mentally harm a child in my care.
- Lead by example and encourage my team members to play by the league rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans and officials.
- Provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language and refrain from their use at all sporting events.
- Make every effort to improve my knowledge of coaching techniques so that I can teach the sport properly to my players.
- Obtain, read and abide by the rules and guidelines for the league.
- Place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
- Ensure that my players are supervised by myself or another designate adult and never allow my players to be left unattended or unsupervised at a game or practice.
- Never knowingly permit an injured player to play or return to the game without proper medical approval.
- Ensure that all equipment used by my players is safe and conforms to the rules of the game. I shall not allow illegal or unsafe equipment to be used.
- Respect the game and league officials and communicate with them in an appropriate manner.
- Be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations, and teach these rules to all players on my team.
- Begin and end practice on time.
- Ensure all players have an opportunity to improve their skills.
- Ensure all players have an opportunity to play in the games.
- Create a playing environment that is well-organized, professional, and FUN!